73 ford bronco brakes/proportioning valves

I put front disc brakes on and left the drums on back, replaced master cyclinder and bled system and the brake pedal still goes to the floor! Need help,, don't understand how to use the proportioning valve that we
got with the brakes....the directions says can't put between the master cylinder and block with switch....help me!!

The new master cylinder should have come with a couple of plastic threaded fittings and short pieces of rubber hose to bench bleed the master cylinder before connecting it to the system. If you didn't do this, try it and then bleed the whole system again, beginning with the wheel farthest from the master cylinder. The proportioning valve controls the line pressure distribution front to rear. The vehicle most likely had one originally, but with front discs, you will need to replace it with the one from the kit. The two should look very similar, unless the new one is adjustable. In that case it will have a knob.
mike
i have recently read about a "combination valve" that is supposed to be used with a residual valve. I don t think those are going to be adjustable...but we will re bench bleed the system and then bleed the system..
pachita wrote:

why not save youself the trouble and go to the wreckers and get yourself the brake system from a 1974-1979 f 150 ? even newer ones before the advent of antilock brakes ... take notes on how it was installed and put it in the same way. ps dont take the brake lines.... buy new ones they are cheap