Subject Author Posted Replies

Wheel bearing noise on Taurus
My Taurus has bearing noise at 160k + miles. When the wheel is turned to the right the noise increases and dies out in a left turn, Am I correct in believing the left, driver side, has the bad...
4
4

Brake socket question
It looks like I have to replace one of the brake sockets on my 1978 Ford Granada. When I apply the brakes, only one filament of the bulb lights. The brake filament doesn't turn on at all. There are...

94 Tbird 4.6: hi-pitched whine
When I start/run my 94 Tbird 4.6 (67k mostly city mi.) cold, I hear a hi- pitched whine sound from the area of the alternator. It's been doing this for years. Seems to go away after driving a...
10
10

soft brake pedal on 2005 expedition
I just had the brake pads replaced front and rear at my dealer, Helfman Ford. At 63K miles for the first time. I took it in because my brake pedal was getting soft and they told me that the back pads...
1
1

Cant get engine to start
I have an old 1979 F150 pickup truck. It has a 400 engine. I drove it for years until the box got so rusty that one of the sides fell off. After that it just became a farm truck and was no longer used...
7
7

Swapping dash
I just wondered how interchangeable dash systems are. For example, the standard dash in the late model Mustangs and the optional dash with the driver information center. I realize you'd have to also...
2
2

1953 Ford Voltage regulator help
My dad just purchased a 53 Ford Customline and the battery is not charging. This is a flathead with a positive ground system. We replaced the voltage regulator and flashed the generator (pulled the...
4
4

closing dealers saves money??
I'm curious. How does closing a dealer save an auto manufacturer money? The dealers buy the cars and parts from the maufacturer. If the dealer can't sell them, the it's the dealer that's stuck, isn't...
9
9

Topaz question
Where is the thermostat located on a 4 cyl Topaz? What would cause one side of the radiator to be hot and the other side cool? Thanks
4
4

Will Visteon Drag Ford Down?
The Ford-as-Survivor meme has properly taken hold in the mainstream media. But how much of the cheerleading is wishful thinking? Matt Debord of figures there's no reason to get to excited about Ford's...
1
1

1,445 On One Tank
Ford is currently working on a revamp of the Ford Fusion Hybrid that will effectively give it over 1,400 miles per tank. If the engineers at Ford achieve their goal, then they will set the record for...

04 F150 Plugs
Just changed the plugs on my 04 F150 4.6 V8 but I had some problems with the number 4 coil pack seating properly. I can't tell that it's misfiring, but if it's not snug is there any potential for...

a/c advice requested
Have owned a '95 1.9L Merc Tracer for 6 years. Keep it well maintained. No problems. A/C, in particular, has always worked A+. Pressure right on spec. Hoses are in good shape. No leaks. Blows cold....
8
8

94 F150 not firing
Hey All, I'm trying to help out my grandfather with his truck and we cannot get the truck to start. We have replaced a lot of things including spark plugs &wires, pressure regulator, rotor & cap, and...

Unplugging clogged fuel pump from a V10
Howdy, I think I have a clogged fuel pump in a 2002 V10 E350. I'd like to avoid dropping the tank and removing the pump if at all possible. Can I manually force gas back through the fuel line to...
2
2