76 F100 Restoration

This may not be the correct group for this. If so, please excuse me. I am ready to begin my restoration of a 1976 Ford F100 Custom 4WD. Could someone recommend a good manual or resource that might could help
me with this. I've taken a look at the Hayne's manual for this model but since it is an older model it gets lumped in with a lot of other models. I've also seen mixed reviews as to how in depth it actually goes. Many thanks!
Haynes and Chilton's are good for general and specific information on how to fix and maintain your car/truck...they are good for specifics and specifications. If you go to barnes&noble or whatever bookstore you prefer, they often have specialized restoration manuals, sometimes even put out by the factory. You could also go to your local dealer and they might be able to track down the factory manual, but it won't be cheap. I used to have a website from which you could get the factory manuals cheap, but *wait for it, wait for it* I lost it.
Good luck on a nice truck!

You should have both Haynes and Chilton's manuals as each has areas which are superior to the others.
Quite often vendors of parts for your vehicle will carry restoration manuals, repair manuals, etc.
You might try LMC Truck www.lmctruck.com ... catalog of Ford truck parts 1948-1972
RB's www.rbsauto.com ....
Blue Oval www.blueovaltruckparts.com ... I just looked and they cover your year and have a good assortment of manuals.
wrote:

Spike 1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.
"When the time comes to lay down my life for my country, I do not cower from this responsibility. I welcome it." -JFK Inaugural Address