77 monarch

I just bought a 77 monarch that when you try to go faster then 35 it loads up and dies,black smoke out the exhauste, will restart but sputters,sitting in park the motor sounds fine no loading up. any advice
thanks mike
motor size? carb type? ignition type?
302 2 barrel electronic auto trans
Unless there's something I'm missing, that's just the old standard 2bbl Autolite carb. It's about the easiest rebuild you can do.
CJB

Rebuild Carb or get a rebuilt.
you pay..DEAL with it!