77 monarch

I just bought a 77 monarch that when you try to go faster then 35 it loads up and dies,black smoke out the exhauste, will restart but sputters,sitting in park the motor sounds fine no loading up. any advice thanks mike

Reply to
F85

motor size? carb type? ignition type?

Reply to
Tom
302 2 barrel electronic auto trans
Reply to
F85

Rebuild Carb or get a rebuilt.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Unless there's something I'm missing, that's just the old standard 2bbl Autolite carb. It's about the easiest rebuild you can do.

CJB

Reply to
CJB