'78 Ford F 100 Won't start Question..

1978 Ford F 100, 302 mota...I turn the key and the dash lights come on but no engine cranking at all.
Where should I start looking for the problem? I know jack about vehicle
electric system so please excuse my ignorance.
Thanks in advance for any/all help...
Most likely the battery is low. You should test it first. If that proves ok, they a strong likelihood exists that the starter solenoid is bad.
CJB