79 club wagon

i have this big old van and i am afraid the transmission went out. I have had it for 4 plus years. It seemed to rev up and not really go like it should, so i parked it. Just on time, because it wouldn't move after i
backed it in the driveway. am i in for a major overhaul, or could it be something else? the original owner was a mechanic and is gone so i can't ask him.
Thanks for any opinions Pauley

Have you even checked the fluid level? I'm betting it's low. If it's not, then my next bet would be a stopped up trans filter. Cold weather exacerbates both problems.
CJB

was down. He shut the hood before I looked, tho. I have to get a special funnel to fill it. Which I am going to do today.

Absolutely. The only time I have ever personally had a C-6 slip has been due to low fluid.
CJB

Weather is not so cold down here. It's about 55 degrees f. here today. I guess I had better call a mechanic. I'm just so afraid it's going to be something major. I absolutely don't have the money for it. Thanks.