80's Econolines

Who here has an 80's (actually 1979 to 1991) style Econoline? I am saving up and hope to have one in the next couple of months. It has been a lifelong
obsession to have one. I don't know why but I absolutely love the style! I'm not looking for one of those conversion vans, mind you. I want an empty contractor van, preferrably extended length. Those are the coolest! That is the coolest style - boxy square shape with long hood. And the hobcaps with the star shape are neat as well. I drive an '87 Cutlass right now and I bought a set of Econoline hubcaps on eBay and popped them on. That way it can feel like an Econoline somewhat. Who else is a fan of these vans?

I've had 4 or 5 of the Club Wagons, but never a conversion, and never a box van (without windows). One of the Club Wagons was the Chateau pacage, which is the closest you can get to a conversion van in a factory package. FWIW, the bodystyle goes back to the mid 70's with a different grille.
CJB
CJB wrote:

The body ran 1975-1991 essentially unchanged except for the rectangular headlamps arriving in 1979. At one point, Ford was making them so fast, with known problems(like body panel sealing/leaking issues) with a backlog of orders from people who wanted them so bad no one cared. The dealers fixed the ones that came back with complaints.
Rob

I could never understand why anyone would buy the Dodge after driving both the Dodge and Ford. The Fords drive so much better.
CJB