85 Lincoln Town Car Heater Core R+R with no Windshield

Yes I need one too puff the magic dragon every time def./heater is on.Anyway after seeing all the horror PITA stories bout this I was wondering if I had the luxury of no winshield(exsisting one has
2-3large cracks and needs replacement anyway LOL). Would removal of winshield help at all? I mean would it make things easier so I wouldn't need to crack my AC lines and did some version of the dremel tool slice and dice? Would like to keep this car a few more months but its got 200Kmi.+ on it now, so spending big bucks doesn't make much sense I guess the part that I want to avoid is the AC with R-12 evac. still works beer chill'n cold.What do you think??
Thanks in Advance
Bill
Bill w. wrote:

the windshield has nothing to do with it.. i had the whole set of shop manuals for a 83 mustang and it took me about 2 days to change the heater core.. i did not want to remove the a/c line lke you dont want to as the a/c was working fine... i did all the stuff, remove the dash( i also had the problem of a center console that had to come out) i did it all except remove the a/c line.. it was a tight fit, but it used some small pieces of 2X4 wood the hold the black plastic heater box open and pulled the heater core out and put the new one in and just bareley got by with it..... knowing what i know now i would have cut the heater box with a dremel tool and just patched it up with some duct tape.... like you my 83 mustang was about 12 yrs. old at the time and i did not want to mess with the a/c and was nursing the car along for the next 6 months as i was to retire then and get a new car.. it worked fine this way....
Don't forget JB Weld. It makes almost as useful a fix-it tool as duct tape!
PoD