'85 T-Bird Poor ~Performance

I have a 1985 T-Bird 3.8L V6 with almost 200K on the clock. The car runs well generally. However when I pull away from a junction or traffic lights or even in slow traffic the engine seems to hesitate as if is choking. If I
take my foot off the gas it clears then takes off like a rocket. Anyone have any ideas as to this problem?
The car is regularly serviced and in pretty good condition.
Fiona W. London, England.
Thanks Paul, I'll have a look at the TPS.
Fiona

runs
If
It would be a good idea to check for stored codes and/or run KOEO/KOER diagnostics. All you need for a 1985 model is a paper clip and a possibly a test light. I am assuming that it has the same EEC IV engine controller which was used in the US at the time. Probably a safe bet if there is a TPS.
IK

Sounds like clogged injectors.