'85 T-Bird Starter Motor

The starter motor on my '85 T-Bird V6 has packed in completely and I'll have to renew it at a cost of 180GB pounds. I can't seem to reach the top bolt.
Anyone have any ideas on how to do that? Also, it seems like I'd have to raise the engine off the mounting bolts to get the starter out. Is that true?
I'd appreciate any help on this one please.
Fiona London, UK
"Fiona Warshawski" wrote

A lot of times, a couple of feet of extensions on the ratchet will help.

Haynes manual, page 182, step 4....
"Remove the two starter motor mounting bolts (see illustration) and detach the starter from the engine. NOTE: On V6/V8 engines, remove the motor mount through bolts and raise the engine slightly with a jack to provide clearance for starter motor removal. Place a block of wood on the jack head to prevent damage to the oil pan."
Thanks Masterblaster. Guess I'm have to get a Haynes manual.
Fiona