85 tempo rear drum brake adjusters ?

Perhaps y'all can help me out a bit. On a 85 Ford Tempo, I am adjusting the rear brakes manually every 6 or 8 weeks. One side clicks when I tighten, the other does not, but both require
quite a bit of adjusting range. When not adjusted, braking is soft and emerg brake doesn't grab ( at all ). When adjusted for very slight drag, braking is firm and E-brake works ok.
When I remove the drum, nothing looks missing or out of place .. ?
Thanks much
mandofred wrote:

Get a complete hardware kit & replace. The adjusters are worn out.
Rob
mandofred wrote:

The "replace the adjusters" is good advice, but is there any chance that the right and the left adjusters have been swapped with each other? If that would happen, when the adjuster tries to tighten each time, it simply loosens each time. I've seen it happen.

bingo. that is my bet what happened. KB
--
Thunder Snake #9
"Protect" your rights or "lose" them.