86 E150 van

While driving my van tonite, running about35 down the street, my starter just kicked in for no reason, I didnt hit a bump or hit the ingnition switch, The starter turned for about 2 seconds, what in the world would
cause this? I was thinking maybe the ignition switch was going bad, any suggestions?
Thanks
Check the recalls for that vehicle. Ford had a massive ignition switch recall in the 80's.
abomb69(zerozero)@comcast.net wrote:

I was aware of that on the Mustangs and T-Birds, but not vans

Most likely starter relay at/near firewall, but could be ignition switch.