86 Ford Tiempo "WON'T START"

I checked for spark and have spark. What do I check for next & How.

Reply to
DIPSHIT

"DIPSHIT" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

assuming spark is a nice bluish 'snap'... and assuming you hear the fuel pump run a second or so..when you turn key to 'on' (it's Fuel injection,right?) then hold accel to floor and try cranking , then pump the accel while cranking.

Sorry, but past that point, I'm afraid there's little a novice can do to diagnose.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Assuming that it's lack of fuel pressure, there is one thing a novice can easily do: reset the inertia switch. It's a safety device, intended to prevent a fire in case of an accident. It disconnects the fuel pump when it senses a shock to the vehicle. False trippings are fairly common, especially if you bumped into a curb or something like that when last parking the car. No tools needed and you can't damage anything by pushing that button. Wish I knew where that switch is in a Tempo, but the driver's manual should tell.

Reply to
Happy Traveler

it should be in the trunk drivers side on support bracket behind liner near strut tower.86 should be single port throttle body.remove pleated air duct revealing opening and shine light to observe if fuel is spraying downword on throttle plate when cranking.if not fuel pump is probably shot.(brushes worn out).

Reply to
oldkid