87 Bronco

My 87 Bronco was running one minute then the next it just turned over, but wouldn't start. I did change both fuel pumps and cleaned out the fuel tank and
replaced the alternator and starter solenoid. Then when I changed the roter, cap and spark plug wires it wouldn't start anymore. What I did notice was that when I removed the plug wires I started with the number one at the block but at the cap it was not in the correct position but yet it ran, but with major lack of power. So I replaced the plug wires and connected them in the correct position and ever since it wouldn't start. Any Ideas?
--
kgm656

kgm656 wrote:

wouldn't start. I did change both fuel pumps and cleaned out the fuel tank and replaced the alternator and starter solenoid. Then when I changed the roter, cap and spark plug wires it wouldn't start anymore. What I did notice was that when I removed the plug wires I started with the number one at the block but at the cap it was not in the correct position but yet it ran, but with major lack of power. So I replaced the plug wires and connected them in the correct position and ever since it wouldn't start. Any Ideas?
There's no mystery here. Someone before you connected the plug wires incorrectly then adjusted the timing to get the truck to work. You rewired it, you need to fix the timing.
BTW, are you sure it was connected improperly? Are the outputs numbered on the distributor or were you relying on orientation - maybe someone mounted it differently.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in

sounds to me like you have a timing chain that just died. KB
--
Thunder Snake #9
"Protect" your rights or "lose" them.