87 Ford Ranger

I have a 87 Ford Ranger Supercab with dual fuel tanks. The front tank is not registering on the gauge, what could be the problem?

1. dont post to newsgroups in html mode
2. broken wire, bad sender, bad tank switch
Thanks for your input. Is this a better message?

works for me. ;)
Since I'm not familiar with the specific vehicle, I can only suggest having someone go through it with a Multimeter.. I would start at the switch.