87 ranger fuel problems

Would the injectors fuel pump/filter cause the truck to not want to start? Or maybe die out? I know it's not the starter, alt or battery, but the truck is hard to start sometimes.

Thanks

Reply to
jmvikings

Be more specific, please.

"Doctor, sometimes when I wake up, I dont feel good.. what's wrong with me?"

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Reply to
jmvikings

What do you mean "it feels like it is not getting any fuel"?

"feels like"???

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

"Doctor, It feels like I'm still tired.. sorta"

What Engine?!

Does pumping the gas pedal while starting help? Computer sends more gas

Flooring it? Computer sends less gas

What are the rpm's first started? when warm? Does the engine speed 'hunt' in park or at stop?

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

by the way if you have to ask about the fuel filter its time to change it. Yes injectors could cause it as can a worn fuel pump and many other things..

1: change fuel filter 2: check fuel pressure 3: does it hold fuel pressure after engine has been shut off? 4: hows timing set 5: tuneup? plugs ok? cap, rotor etc?

ALWAYS TRY THE BASICS FIRST

Reply to
fireater

Reply to