87 T-Bird misfiring

Hi guys!

I have an 87 T-Bird, V6, auto, 187,xxx miles. In the last couple of months, it has developed a misfire when driving 'in-town' speeds. It seems all right on the highway and when idling. It does this when the engine is cold or warm, and it's done it in cold weather and warmer temps (than what we've been having this month!).

A friend has looked at it and can't tell if it is electric or fuel system related. The distributor was replaced (for the third time) about 10 months ago. The fuel pump was replaced, along with the tank, about four years ago.

I'm just afraid it will break down in the middle of nowhere, leaving me stranded. Right now, my budget is v-e-r-y tight and I can't afford to take it to a garage for a thorough diagnosis.

Any ideas? Suggestions?

I'd appreciate any help anyone can offer! I've posted here in the past and got some great advice and help.

Thanks in advance!

~ ~ ~ Gerri ~ ~ ~

Driver of "Baby", a cute, red T-Bird I've had for over six years that now runs like this: mmmmmmmmmm--mmmmmmddmmmmmm-mmmmmm--mmmmmmm-mmmm

Reply to
GerDani8

Ted R