87 Thunderbird misfiring

Hi all!
I have an 87 T-Bird, 186,xxx miles, V-6, auto. About 2-3 months ago, it developed a slight misfire when driving between 35-50mph (in town traffic).
If it does it at highway speed, it is not as noticeable as at lower speeds.
It runs smooth and all right at idle, and no misfire is noticed under acceleration.
I have had "Baby" for just over six years now and she has been a very good car for me.
In the last couple of years, I have had to replace the distributor - It is now on the third one. A friend looked at it and we don't know if it is an electrical problem or a fuel problem.
Any ideas? Hints? Suggestions?
I've asked for help in here before and have gotten good advice (except for someone telling me to get something different than a Ford).
I sure would appreciate any advice you guys and girls may have for me!
Thanks in advance!
~ ~ ~ Gerri ~ ~ ~ Whose red T-Bird named Baby runs like this: mmmmmm--mmmmmm-mmmmmm--mmmmmmmm-mmmmm-mmmmmmmm
<sigh!>
GerDani8 opined

What brand of plug are you using?
Bosch "Platimums" or "Spiltfires", right?

Could be a lot of things, but when mine did it around 100K miles, it turned out to be an injector on the CFI. Throw a can of fuel injector cleaner in the tank & see if that calms it down. Next step would be to pull the engine codes.