88 ford f150- Stalls while idling

Question... On my 88 F150 300-6cyl when idling in will idle up a little then down and do this several times then it will stall..... any idea's? I just changed the fuel pump and put new plugs and filters, changed
oil..etc... It has been doing this for a long time, before the tune up. Also hesitates sometimes in slower traffic or slower driving conditions. Any help would be great!
Thanks, Tracy

Is is carbureted? Check for vacuum leaks.
Cory
On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 19:26:41 -0400, "Knight"

Check for fault codes before you do anything. I suspect your EGR sytem may be at fault.
Should be EFI. Throttle control solenoid is most likely suspect for the rolling idle. At the year of the truck, I am sure this is not the only problem. Start diagnosis by running a fuel pressure check. Base timing needs to be checked/set. In other words go over the basics.