88 Mustang problem - vapor lock (fuel injection?)

I've got an 88 Mustang that runs fine, but on long trips (Chicago to Indy) runs hot and vapor locks. After 3 hours or so of highway driving, she'll stall when we hit traffic. A friend said that
installing or replacing the fuel injector would fix that. What do you think? How much do you think that would cost?

Dont think we've ever had a case of vapor lock on here.. what gives you that cause? FI doesnt vapor lock*
What do you mean 'runs hot'? There are either four or eight fuel injectors... do you mean fuel pump?
How long does it take to get restarted?
you pay..DEAL with it!
Warren wrote:

No vapor lock on EFI. More likely, it's the TFI module mounted on the distributor.

Maybe the friend said TFI, because the heard it somewhere and thought it meant "The Fuel Injector"
you pay..DEAL with it!