88 Taurus gas gage

My gas gage almost alway reads full, had it looked at its not the gage. Help Please!!

majesticgoddess2003 wrote:

its the sending unit in the gas tank, part of the fuel pump thing.. cost too much for an old car.. unless you gonna do it yourself... drop tank remove fuel pump and then sending unit.. replace them and try again.. in my area alot of car are having problem with bad shell gas and it has sulphur in it.. this caused the sending units to go bad.. but with an old car it is probably just age that made the sending unit wear out and you need to replace it...