88 Tbird V8 - Alternator removal/install help

Hi, I have never removed or installed an alternator before - Can anyone step me through the process or send me to a link online explaining the steps - I
have an idea on how to get out I think my problem will come when trying to get the belt back on - Any help would be appreciated Thanks, Tony

One of the idler pulleys is on a spring-loaded swing arm, use a breaker bar or ratchet in the rect hole to release belt tension, leave the belt as it is, so you dont get confused when reinstalling
Two bolts, alt will be 'wedged' wiggle it back and forth to get it out.. the long bolt's the hardest.
--
Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, staving off dementia here..DEAL with it!

Dang, you beat me by a few minutes! >:-(
"Backyard Mechanic" wrote

I don't think my arm even has the hole. I just use a big crescent wrench or socket on the idler pulley bolt (handle points to the driver's side), and try not to scrape my arm on the fan shroud. The bolt's in tight enough to not unscrew. About 5 seconds to get the belt off, maybe 10 to get it back on.

You have an old shit heap as a car, yet you do not have the slightest clue on how to maintain it, heaven help us all.
sounds like we got a new rectal orifice here

step
steps -