88 Turbo Coupe upgrades

I was just visiting with a friend who is restoring an 88 turbo coupe that he has owned since new. Nice job on the body, now he wants to make it breathe a
bit better. Can someone please offer some suggestions for performance upgrades in this motor? 120k on it, Mobil 1 since new. Everything from mild to wild will be considered. Specifically, any computer related enhancements, boost raising ability and overall hp gaining mods. Also, suggestions for speed shops or wrenches in the Boston area, or web sites that cater to these engines
Thanks all!

First place.. wrong group, scroll up, this is primarily ageneral fomoco discussion and ford SYSTEMS REPAIR/TROUBLESHOOTING, not a performance, site
-but- Just a few links to get you started
www.tccoa.com http://www.mustangsvo.org/links / http://www.merkurencyclopedia.com / - note the SVO, TC, and XR4ti are siblings http://racerwalsh.zoovy.com/category/4cylinder /
Note, though that the TC is never gonna beat a mildly modified 5.0 Tbird
Backyard Mechanic wrote:

A Turbo Coupe will easily smoke a 5.0 T-Bird, mildly modified or not. They have the 150-hp version of the 302, which is an absolute dog. I've owned a TC and driven both, there's no comparison.
As for cheap/easy upgrades, a K&N cone filter in place of the lousy stock airbox helps slightly. Also, get a boost controller--a stock turbo on an '88 will run up to about 17-18 psi, and this makes a significant difference. I got a kit for about $50 from www.boostvalve.com.
Also check out www.turboford.org and www.turbotbird.com, they are both great sites with a lot of helpful people.
------------- Get FREE newsgroup access from http://www.cheap56k.com