89 festiva jumped timing

yes, my 89 ford festive jumped timing. The mechanic said the crank pully slipped causing the problem, the belt did not break..... Well, I got it back and it doesnt have any power.
Did this timing slip casuse any permanent damage? Or maybe its just not times right. It runs pretty smooth, but no power. It also has a slight lunge or jerk when you take off. Any suggestions or comments?