89 Ford engine problem

Re: Earlier post: I pulled vacumn hose off fuel pressure regulator & started engine. Gas came out of press. regulator. Does that mean press. regulator is shot? Also to replace regulator does one have to pull the top
half of manifold that is on top of Ford 300 6 engine? Thank you.

Sure does!
On most engines you only have to remove enough stuff to easily get to the screws, what do you think?
you pay..DEAL with it!
On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 01:03:08 -0400, "clemjr"

Shot to hell!! Clear enough to get to allen screws on bottom. OEM replacement are not adjustable so no pressure guage needed. You should disconnect battery for 10 minutes or so to clear codes and parameters. Start engine without touching a thing and allow to idle intil idle stabilizes. Hold brake and select each transmission position for a few seconds severl times so it can relearn idle. Drive normally to complete process. You may end up cleaning IAC and throttle body if idle is screwed up after this.
Lugnut