'89 T-Bird with stuck auto seatbelt

I have a 1989 T-bird with motorized seabelts. The passenger side seatbelt motor died last week. It stopped in the B-pillar position, against the seat.
There is no noise and the owners manual basically said that when this happens the motor is shot and needs repair or replacement.
Has anyone done this repair before? Is it a difficult job? Should I let an experiences mechanic do the work instead?
Any help on this subject would be appreciated.
Does your interior light and chime work ?? it needs to see a "open door" signal from the door ajar switch. There are also two , (1 front and 1 on the rear) small switches on the rail to see what the seatbelts position is, if one or both stays "open" the motor wont work
hope this helps.....
Johan