89 Town Car Power Window Problem

I recently replaced the power window switch block on the drivers door with one from a salvage yard, becuase I was unable to lower the drivers window. After doing so the window worked great. The only problem was that none of the other windows could be operated from the switch on their respective doors, only from the switch on the drivers door. Thinking that the switch block that I installed perhaps had a short on the 'lock switch', I acquired another one and replaced it again. I am still having the same problem.

Any suggestions on what to check next?

Reply to
D Stewart

I'd guess this is a wiring problem. Check the power feed to the master-switch for an 'open' between the feed wire and ground. Check the same power feed wire between it and the master-switch assembly ground wire. Use a 12v test light....it should light during both tests. Maybe the ground wire became loose/disconnected somewhere or the assembly isn't grounded at all.

Hope this helps some.....

Dave S(Texas)

Reply to
putt

Sounds like exactly what would happen if you flipped the window lockout switch (near the others on the driver's door). Maybe the switch or related wiring is broken.

-JMM

Reply to
jmm