Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Wagoner arrives in Wash.,DC via private jet. so what?
Mike: yes, Nasser seemed liked a class act - especially when tesitfying in front of congress. but it turned-out that he inflated the bottom line by cutting new-model development, which they're paying...

Re: GM can't even beg properly
Actually that isn't entirely true. The GOP has said it would be more than happy, if not thrilled to their very core, to let the Big Three have the $25 B that has already been allocated to the B3 for...

302 freeze plug/1989 Lincoln Towncar
The freeze plug on backside of engine (driver's side) has rusted and is leaking. Need some direction. Thanks.
1
1

Question about 1999 Grand Marquis
Just wondering... The car has a fail-safe cooling system, and according to the manual what it does is alternate between cylinders pumping air into the engine block. Nice idea, but couldn't they adapt...

Re: Asian brands dominate reliability list; Ford Motor is best domestic
Here's a good article for you to read from the Detroit Free Press auto critic, "6 Myths of the Detroit 3":
1
1

Re: 1996 Lincoln Continental 4.6 V8 with transmission problems
Do you have any idea what this part is called or what the part number is? I'm told that there is a component on the firewall that can be unplugged to reset the computer. Does this sound familiar? Ty
2
2

Re: Starting issues
A beep? Are you sure that isn't a high pitched grinding noise, where the starter motor drive gear (Bendix gear) is popping off the ring gear? (Or never engaged properly in the first place.) That would...

Re: 93 vs 96 crown vic
Try

Re: Headlight Problem - 2001 Windstar
Wow, you can count to two. Fans? And you didn't notice this/couldn't figure it out when you ripped yourself off when you needlessly replaced the headlamp bulb? May but didn't, not that that's going to...

Re: Headlight Problem - 2001 Windstar
"Boomer41" wrote in news:gfmket$d44$ then locate your headlight relay and see why it isn`t working correctly. KB
1
1

Re: How test vacuum on 99 Taurus 3.0?
I started a new thread because the original was very far back. To fill you in, though, I followed directions from a site I was referred to to fix the service engine light which comes on with codes 171...

Re: rim size substitutions
Used to be that was true, but not any more. Ford, Mopar and AMC used the same 5X4.5 pattern on rear drive cars of the past - but even then, one used a smaller center hole so they fit one direction,...

Re: Any of the Prez candidates Pro US auto Industry?
Yeah, Mike.....that's what this country is supposed to be about: each citizen's right to vote.....and everyone's vote carrying equal weight whether they're white/black, rich/poor, etc. Hell, THAT'S...

Re: Ford's new hybrids go 47 mph on electric power alone
When one uses solar power one ALWAYS needs another source. Even in Key West there is not enough sunlight all of the time.

97 Ford Ranger - Heat & AC Blower Fan stopped working?
something. I have a 99 ford ranger that the motor has stopped blowing.. I haven't done any investigating yet but it works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. I had a 97 ford Taurus several years ago...
20
20