`90 Crown Victoria LTD

Hello,

I have a 1990 Crown Vic. LTD that I just bought. It didn't come with the Facotry user manual and I was wondering if I was just better off contacting Ford? The car runs great, there are just couple of little things going wrong. Cruise Control and Horn not working, replaced the fuse but the cig. lights blows that fuse. The power locks for the front doors not working...some other small things. Any one got any help?

JC

Reply to
JC

check out

and see what they have in the line of owners manuals for the car.. should cost you about $25 or so.. they are not cheap.. also they sell the shop manuals about $65, the electical troubleshooting book about $40 and other books... hope this helps.

Reply to
jim

I had a 91 CV. Great car. As far as the cig lighter blowing the fuse, it indicates a problem with the whole cig lighter assembly. A new one is available at most auto stores. For the front door locks , it could be the actuators. I had to replace both front doors on my CV. It's pretty straightforward. Remove the door panels, drill out the original factory rivet holding the actuator in, and put the new one in using a new nut,bolt and washer. When you get the door panel off, you might want to test the voltage going to the actuator to confirm it's the actuator and not a problem with the voltage. Good luck.

Reply to
SizzleMP

Reply to
Sharon K.Cooke

Thanks for the link and the suggestions. I know it is a fuse that is blown because I replaced the fuse for the Haron and Curise control and both work now, although the cruise control seems to be a bit jerky when engaged. I also am getting a beep everytime I start the car. I get three beeps for about five times and then it goes away but will come back later while driving. I think I am just going to take to a dealership to see what code that is for.

JC

Reply to
JC

Does your air bag light come on?

Reply to
Thomas Moats

No my air bag light doesn't come one...as a matter of fact I don't even see an air bag light...Oh and btw I am trying to replace the fuse for the cruise control and horn, but can't find which fuse it is LOL.

JC

Reply to
JC

Reply to