90 ford aerostar

v6 auto, 2wd,

problem-passenger side exaust manifold cracked right off(sounds like a helicopter inside) Q- is this as hard as it looks to replace? Q- anything special i should remember b4 i go at it?

456 i can see where its let go just inside under the wheel well, alittle of it anyways
Reply to
matt

4 words:

it sux to be you.

Seriously, good luck! I'm thinking even I would check to see what a shop would charge.. and I ALMOST NEVER do that.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

ok, i know, i can do it but now the question is, should i go with headers instead? haha jk

actually, what i want to know is what is the best way to do it? Q--take the motor out? Q--is it possible to actually work on one of these(the motor at manifold) when its still in the vehicle?(even if the bolts do come off intact)

Reply to
matt

Matt,

I replaced the oil pan on my 93 Aerostar with the engine in the van, had to break the motor mounts and lift the engine up about three inches, but the job was accomplished. Can't remember, but I believe you may have enough room to remove the right side manifold bolts from under the van and through the right front wheel-well.

Good luck

Frank

Reply to
Frank from Deeeetroit