90' Lincoln Town Car Digital Display

Hello everyone, I have a question concerning my 90' Town Car digital display instrument cluster. I recently purchased a used replacement cluster on Ebay. I was wondering if there was anyway to reset the odometer to zero or at least to the 121,000 that is currently on the vehicle. Believe me I DON'T want to do anything illegal just trying to make it right someway. I would definitely inform any future owner of true mileage of vehicle should I sell it. Also any tips on changing out this display out would be appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
Steve & Tammy Cavell

Without the proper electronic equipment you can't change it to the current mileage and you can't set it too zero. You need only place a sticker on the door jam listing the date, current mileage and the mileage on the newly installed odometer. Simply list the true total accumulated mileage, or check the 'unknown mileage' block, on the mileage from if you ever sell the vehicle, to stay legal.

mike hunt

Steve & Tammy Cavell wrote:

Reply to
MajorDome

Reply to
Steve & Tammy Cavell

Basically you need to disconnect the battery, drop the steering column, remove the dash trip, remove the cluster, disconnect the wiring plugs and the speedometer connection. Reverse the procedure to reassemble. Hope you have small hands. ;)

mike hunt

Steve & Tammy Cavell wrote:

Reply to
MikeHunt2