90 Mercury cougar dash/radio went out

I recently picked up a '90 Cougar 3.8L v-6 LOVE it. I replaced the factory sterio and after about 5 minutes of driving and listening to how great it sounded (still stock speakers) The radio and digital dash
went out together compleatly. They are not on the same fuse, but I pulled every fuse anyway, and they are all un-blown.I have been all over the internet and found no help (although I did find someone who had the same exact problem no one answered him). I am thinking ground wire only because they are so close to each other and on different fuses. I am clueless with the electricity. I bought the Chiltons manual but it doesn't have the wiring diagrams for the interior. Can anyone help?
Jdub wrote:

My guess would be the ignition switch. Forget the aftermarket manual(s) and get the FACTORY manuals for your car; the Car Shop Manual AND the EVTM. The source is www.helminc.com or you can look on eBay for used ones, even FACTORY manuals on CD.