90 town car window problems

My town car's front right window no longer works; it makes the sounds like it wants to go down but nothing catches. Would that be a fault from the window regulator, or would it be from the motor? The sound it makes sounds like it normally should, just the window doesn't move. I have a window on the back left that has the same problem, if anyone knows what's wrong, please let me know, and thanks very much in advance.

Reply to
IAmJohn

It sounds like the window motor transmission is stripped. There are 3 nylon dowels that usually shear. I've seen repair kits in the "HELP" aisle at stores like Autozone. With the car being a 1990 though, it may be better to replace the motor asy. Check out

It's a site dedicated to the care and feeding of your Lincoln. There are tech articles that can guide you through motor replacement or repair.

Good luck, Tom Adkins

Reply to
Tom Adkins