90 town car window problems

My town car's front right window no longer works; it makes the sounds like it wants to go down but nothing catches. Would that be a fault from the window regulator, or would it be from the motor? The sound it makes
sounds like it normally should, just the window doesn't move. I have a window on the back left that has the same problem, if anyone knows what's wrong, please let me know, and thanks very much in advance.
IAmJohn wrote:

It sounds like the window motor transmission is stripped. There are 3 nylon dowels that usually shear. I've seen repair kits in the "HELP" aisle at stores like Autozone. With the car being a 1990 though, it may be better to replace the motor asy. Check out www.lincolnsonline.com It's a site dedicated to the care and feeding of your Lincoln. There are tech articles that can guide you through motor replacement or repair.
            Good luck, Tom Adkins