91 ford escort

i have a J reg 1991 ford escort S EFI 1.6. it hasnt been running right for ages. its sometimes juddery and when i put my foot down it sometimes almost stalls when pulling away as it doesnt pick
up but if i leave my foot there it will eventually pick up. it has been in for a diagnostic and they cant find anything. i was jus wondering if anyone had any ideas or was familiar with this particular problem. it also sometimes cuts out when braking and changing down?????????????????
please help
karina
Take it to another place that knows what they are doing this time.