91 Ford Probe doesn't idle

I have a 91 Ford Probe GL. I've had it for about three years. All of a sudden it's gotten where it wont idle, but runs just fine. A neighbor who is pretty good working on cars thought he knew what it
was and replaced (don't know what you call it) a dryer hose looking thing from the air cleaner. That didn't fix it and he looked pretty hard for a couple days for "air leaks" and found none. He said it may electrical. Is there something electrical that controls the idle? He also found maybe related? He showed me he pulled all the wires off each spark plug and the idle changed except on number1. The spark plug is getting spark. How do you check to see if a injector is bad, or could this be something else? I can't afford to take this to the shop at this time.
Try posting your question at www.probetalk.com
snipped-for-privacy@removethisyahoo.com wrote:

I did a long time ago on how to check the injector and got "0" responses

opined in

Never mind him... you posted in the right place.
You say it "runs good".. does it seem to accelerate "rough"?
What engine speed (RPM)does it smooth out?
I had somewhat the same problem and it turned out it was the plug wire itself.
Suggest you try new plugs and wires, .
A cheap way of testing is to switch the #1 and #2 plug wires on both ends and see if the position of "no change" moves to # 2.
Bear in mind the plug could ALSO be fouled