91 Ford Ranger

I have a 91 Ford Ranger V6 that has been sitting for over a year. We replaced the battery and connectors but it still will not start (it does turn over). Anyone have any idea what to try next...we don't want to pour a lot of money into it but would like to get it running.

Thanks...

Reply to
gsamom

Change the fuel filter. That often works with a vehicle that's just been sitting for a long time.

Reply to
Sharon Cooke

you might try adding a fuel system cleaner, and an octane booster to your tank to help replenish some of the additives that were lost from the fuel while the truck was sitting..

I recommend Chevron Fuel System Cleaner from wal-mart at $6/bottle.. Its good stuff...

Ford tech

Reply to
Ford Tech