'91 ford Tempo - Alternator

Hey all can someone help me out here? I need an alternator for a 91 ford tempo and have tried at several parts stores.. I have found none that will fit. either the electrical connecters or the pulley is different on the ones
I have seen. Is there some sort of mystery alternator or do parts stores just enjoy screwing with me? Help this is driving me crazy
Knight wrote:

Keep in mind the option of having yours rebuilt. If you're lucky to live in a relatively large city, there should be a starter/alternator rebuilder in the yellow pages. This route is sometimes more expensive than the auto parts store, but it may be your last resort if you can't get one otherwise.
Or, if you're mechanically inclined, you may be able to rebuild it yourself.
Another alternative is to check with the local Ford dealer. They can get rebuilt parts.
Good luck!
Gerard
--
Gerard's Automobile Book, Video, and DVD Store
http://www.bob2000.com/booksvids.html

KNIGHT:
The counter help is supposed to change the pulley for you! It is a 45 sec. job with an impact tool, they put your pulley on the new alt. and send the wrong one back on your core.
Good Luck!
Rob * * *