91 Town Car moon roof question.

Three out of four buttons make sense. Forward most has and LED and is marked ASC. What does that one do? I found an owners manual for a 92, but that year had differnt moon roof switches. And for those who are wondering: the old AOD had shrapnel in it. Some parts just not there anymore. Trashed it and got one for US$250 at local junk yard. Thanks, George

Reply to
George Jaynes

On the newer Camry's and the like, when the LED is green, the moonroof will close when the ignition is turned off. If the LED is red, the moonroof stays open when the ignition is off. Yours might be similar. Does the LED change colors, or does it cycle off and on when the button is pressed? Try it and see if that's what it is.

SC Tom

Reply to
SC Tom

ASC is an aftermarket sunroof company. I have one in my Crown Vic. I think many were installed as a dealer option. The ASC button will keep the sunroof in whatever open state you have it when you turn the key off.

It comes in really handy on hot days when you want to keep the roof open.

PoD

Reply to
Paul of Dayton