Subject Author Posted Replies

question: "Oil Life %" computer
anyone know what parameters the System Check on my Five Hundred uses to determine remaining oil life? I assumed it was just mileage, but: Ford says change oil at 5000 mile intervals. I change at 3000...
6
6

Re: Consumer Reports reliability survey for Cars
Not to start another rant, but J.D. Powers will rank highly whoever pays them. That's why you see the auto company ads stating "Best vehicle of the year according to JDP" and 4 different companies...
3
3

Re: Consumer Reports reliability survey for Cars
I've enjoyed CR tests and yearly reviews since the days when they thought that an AM radio was a needless luxury. (I'm not kidding - they were against radios, whitewalls, automatic trans, power...

News from the Front: Ford Stops Flex Production, Scales Back Edge
Our contacts at Ford tell us there's big trouble brewing for The Blue Oval Boys. Two independent sources report that FoMoCo is ceasing production of the fresh-out-of-the-box Flex in their Oakville,...
12
12

Ford Windstar Mini-van - Reliability???
Any opinions on the reliability of a 1999 Windstar? There's one for sale near me that is in pristine condition in terms of the body and the owner claims to have replaced the transmission. There's...
2
2

lincoln mark 8 1996 air suspension
Hi! Just had a situation on this car where it lowered too much and compressor would not kick on. Played with te fuses, started it , and came back up, so far OK but every 15 minutes there is a "check...
5
5

Ford Freestyle Seat Question
I'm looking at buying an '06 Freestyle, but have heard that the cloth seats stain easily even with water. Anybody have any experience with this? Can the seats just be "Scotchguarded"? Personally I'm...
1
1

Ranger fuel gauage
91 ranger 4 cyl Gauge suddenly quit. Reads empty. Haven't crawled underneath yet to look for obvious. Did check the fuse panel but found no blown fuses. I don't know which circuit this would be on....
5
5

Engineering Jobs
If you have a moment, I would appreciate your help in our search for uniquely qualified and specialized professionals. Please take a look and forward this open job on to anyone you think would be...

Upgrade F250 Diesel Automatic 4 speed possible ?
hey brainaic Ford guys ... is it possible to upgrade a 92 Ford V-8 Diesel Truck 3 Speed Automatic Transmission with a 4 Speed Automatic Transmission ... just swap it out and go. I want to increase...
2
2

Can I add hydraulic assist to my 2005 Expedition ?
Can I add hydraulic assist to my 2005 Expedition ? The EPA version back in 2004 turned an Expedition from 14/19 mpg to 32/22 mpg. Here are a EPA paper about hydraulic launch assist: figure the steps...
19
19

Your Muffler ! FIX IT !!
I have a 97 Taurus GL with a 3.0 (U) engine. It is a 4 dr sedan. It has a single exhaust system. My muffler rusted out, and needs to be replaced. The rest of the exhaust system looks in really good...
21
21

Taurus X
I recently bought a 2008 Taurus X. We bought it by looking at a brochure. I bought the Limited package which I understood is equipped with the SYNC feature as standard equipment. Now I'm told by Ford...
3
3

Hgh revs
My Ford Focus 1.4 (02 reg) high revs when driving and when stationary sometimes. Does not do all time but when it does if you touch accelerator slightly doesn't help just increases revs even more....
2
2

Need 1999 Crown Vic Wheel Cover
One of my 'lockable' wheel covers was stolen last week. Can't seem to find one in a junkyard. This is the 20 spoke wheel cover with the Ford Oval in the center cap. It uses the supposedly theft proof...
2
2