92 Aerostar transmission problems

On my 92 Aerostar the tranny is starting to act up. Usually it happens when you let off the gas to break for a stop or after going up a slope and then try to take off again there is nothing there. If you goose the gas a few times it will kick back in. A friend of mine says it might be a switch on the side of the trans that is sticking. Is there such a thing or is the trans going out? It has plenty of fluid but could stand to be changed. Its a 4.0 motor with rear wheel drive. Thanks for any input,

Kirk

Reply to
Kirk Frei

What happens if you put it in manual low to take off? If it works then, you likely have a front spraq clutch going out. Went out on my '92 3 liter.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

Reply to
Kirk Frei