92 cougar problem??

i got quite a few good respnses from a problem my son had earlier(lifter noise) that this car has another problem maybe some has an idea with<<<the
car starts okay and idles okay in park in the morning,but untill the car properly warms up(about 5 or so minutes)it has a tendency to run a little rough and stall out upon letting off the gas or stopping,once the temp. guage goes up some then the car runs smooth,there is no check engine light.it's a 3.8, thanks again for all the wonderful advice and info. bob

You didnt say how many miles on it, but we can surmise.
The place to start with all idle/stop idle recovery problems which seem temp related is the IAC... aka ISC.
This is the valve that sits astride the throttle butterfly and controls engine idle speed. As with the choke on a carburetor it positions depending on engine temp. A rough place or bit of dirt/carbon in some area will cause that.
Removing it (two bolts) and spraying well with intake cleaner often at least changes the point at which you have idle problems, sometimes fixes it for a while. The only feasible long-term solution, most have found, is a new valve and actuator assembly. Not real expensive
you pay..DEAL with it!
robert -wanda fox wrote:

IAC valve.