92 Ford Escort GT starting trouble

I have a 92 Escort GT, and sometimes it wont start right off, and it wont make any cranking sound when you are trying to start it. It did that tonight and started making a funny noise, so i shut it off, only it
wouldnt trun off. It sounded like it was trying to crank itself. It would shut off however when it was put in gear, put when it was put back in park, it would sound like it was trying to crank itself again. What could this possibly be?

wont
back
You have a bad/broken ignition switch.... not where the key goes but the switch, itself, which is a separate piece connected. to the ket tumbler by a lever It's located under the sterring column cover
Good description, btw.
you pay..DEAL with it!