92 ford f 150 w/ 302

truck started idleing rough.i replaced the tps sensor and map sensor.replaced the anti freeze,have good fuel pressure.now truck ran good for two days than stoped running.anyone have any answers

kyyooper opined in

MORE INFO!
Idled Rough or idled high? TPS doesnt cause idle rough, causes high, hunting idle.
No spark? Check engine lite? Make difference when pumping or flooring gas pedal?
Get back... could be ign module if it doesnt start, no matter what.
- - - - - - - --- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Isnt this amazing! A web site that links what looks like its OWN forum, directly to this newsgroup. At least they dont try to cover it up.
There "auto" be a law..... :)
does not matter if i pump it or floor it,i checked spark at the dis have spark,y i changed the tps,someone at work told me it was the problem ,and my fater inlaw told me it was thge map se3nsor
also it idles rough when cold when warm alot of black smoke
kyyooper opined in

THAT's not "also" - that's the key symptom!
Fuel pressure regulator.. Or the ECT.. engine coolant Temp sensor.
IF either is the problem.. engine will start when holding pedal to floor.
though the MAP was a good thought.
On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 08:51:01 -0400, "kyyooper"

I would suspect the ignition control module but, there are other things that will do this. Do you have good spark at the distributor and at the plugs? A burned coil wire will cause this as well as a bad coil w/o setting a fault code. Have you scanned or had it scanned for fault codes?
See link below for code reading info and codes for your vehicle
http://dalidesign.com/hbook/eectest.html
could the plugs be washed out with gas,should i change them then try starting with pedle to the floor??
i change out the plugs and the ect sensor it started but still has a rough idle

Hi there, How many miles on this motor??
Have you had the fuel injectors cleaned?
Check wires for bad spots and check the distbutor cap for Carbon cracks??
this motor has 120,00 miles on it i have changed the o2 sensor
i have put in a new coolent sensor ,o2 sensor plugs,cap rotor and still have a rough idle and stalling at stops any info will help
IAC valve.
kyyooper wrote:

IAC valve?
Yes, IAC (Idle Air Control) valve. See here: http://www.lincolnsonline.com/article17.html
kyyooper wrote:

thanks to backyard mechinc for all your help it was the fuel pressure regulator
On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 08:07:03 -0400, "kyyooper"

So you had not really checked the fuel pressure as indicated in your original post? Having good fuel pressure is not the same as having simply "good fuel pressure". You shouldn't fudge on things like that if you need good help.