92 Ford Taurus Fuel pump & relay always on

Hey Folks,
Got a 92 taurus I want to take off somebody's hands. It won't start. Been sitting in the driveway for 3 years. Yeah. Got 170K+miles. Jumped
it, I was shocked that the starter cranked. In the on position, without turning it over, you can hear the fuel pump actuate and hum in the tank area. You can also hear the relay at the top of the radiator buzzing loudly. It's got a few gallons of gas. Any reasons the relay and pump would stay on? Is the fuel pump a diaphragm type pump? If so, I'm thinking that the diaphragm is cracked, and the relay keeps actuating the fuel pump to get up to operating pressure, but can't, so it keeps on going. There was a mouse nest on the head between two of the injectors. A few of the injector wires had the insulation chewed. I was pretty careful about making sure the injectors wires were not shorted out. Is it possible that a little piece of wire is touching, shorting out one of the injectors causing the relay to buzz non-stop?
Any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks.
Vinny snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

No, not there but somewhere else. The PCM looks at dist pickup output to keep the pump on. Doesnt look at fuel pressure. Pull Dist. Ign Module connector as first step.
Go through all the wiring, looking closely. Do a tug-test and see if buzzing stops.
Else got to Upick yard and get Harness with exact same number label and replace yours.
you pay..DEAL with it!
On 9 Jan 2006 07:59:33 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

The buzzing you hear from the box on top of the radiator there may be a result of corrosion in the neg battery cable where it splits to the MF controller. You may be able to confirm by wiggling cable at splice. If this is it, the fix is a new battery ground cable.
Lugnut

I'll second that, check the small ground wire next to the battery. Seen it cause similar symptoms several times. Bob