92 Ford Taurus Stationwagon Interior lights stay on drain the battery

Hello,
My grandfather has a 92 Ford Taurus stationwagon and doesn't drive it very often (one or twice a week). For the past few weeks everytime he goes out to
the car the battery is dead. It seems that the interior safety lights don't automatically shut off.
What could have caused this problem? Is it wasily fixable? My mother who is with him said that there is some kind of sensor that could have gone out, but is unable to locate where the book says the sensor is. If you have any information on what this problem could be, could you please post a reply or email me at snipped-for-privacy@emporia.edu
Thank you for any help you may have Tracy

Most likely the drivers door. Just lube the latch up with WD40 or the like and it will stop sticking...

Hello,
Well we checked the switches in the doors and they were pretty covered in junk, so we cleaned them off with 3in1 oil. They are moving much smoother now. But this did not solve the problem. The lights are still staying on. We did check the switch to make sure that it isn't set to be on.
Again the problem seems to be that the safety lights don't seem to be turning off. Right now all of the lights have been pulled out so that we can see if this is definitely the problem of draining the battery. All of the lights are out except the light that is on the outside of the door panel around the key hole and the numbered locking system.
ANy other thoughts on what might be causing this problem?
Thank you,

We
They were on the inside of the door close to the hinges. And the dimmer switch/dial on the console as well as on the lights - that controls the overhead light. We set both of them in the middle just to make sure they weren't in the on position. Thank you,

in
smoother
on.
you will need to check and make sure he doesnt have the switch on to make them stay on all the time and if not check the jamb switches one by one till u find the faulty one rusto

My 94 Taurus wagon does the same thing, the small lights at the rear will stay on. I'm not sure if I've hit them while loading sometimes. Usually I just click on them and its done. Its never drained my battery though. Its a shame the Taurus didn't have a back window that 'rolls' down, one could add surfboards easily instead of the cheap version.