'92 Ford Taurus Turnin' over but won't start.

Hello!
So, we just replaced the fuel pump a couple of weeks ago (it had died on us). Last night the car would turn over but not start but after walking away and coming back it started again. This morning it started
with no problem but this afternoon it's gone back to the "I'm not going to start but I'm going to turn over. So nyeh." What should we do? My boyfriend says he doesn't think it's the spark plugs. I'm a bit clueless when it comes to cars, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks muchly!
"Didi" wrote

Can you hear the pump run for a second with the key at "on"?
MasterBlaster wrote:

Hmm, I dunno. My boyfriend DROVE the car to the mechanic, and it seems like they can't duplicate the problem. It starts up for them every time. I have a feeling if we take the car back, it'll crap out on us again. I'll have to see later.