92 Ford Tempo Dashboard Buzz

I have a 1992 Ford Tempo and it does fine except that the dashboard, when accelerating lightly at certain speeds, emits a very irritating buzz-like sound. I know, compared to major engine/transmission troubles it's nothing. But that noise--ugh that noise! It is majorly irritating.

I often read in past car-test issues that squeeks/rattles are something that you probably have to live with, that they're notoriously time-consuming and expensive to trace and fix. Is this true, or is it pretty easy often-times to trace & fix such annoyances?

LRH

Reply to
Larry R Harrison Jr

Start pushing on the dash in various places to see if you can alter the sound. You can crawl under the dash and pound on areas to find a loose spot. You might need to wedge something like a shim made of plastic, paper, cardboard, wood, etc. to tighten it up. It's probably just a plastic heating duct or a wiring harness rubbing something. You have the time and motivation to find it so it should be easy.

Reply to
Al Bundy