92 mercury topaz transmission over fill

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to drain a 92 mercury topaz transmission, without having to drop the filter pan? My son overfilled his, and we tried siphoning it out via the dipstick tube, but didn't get
it low enough.
It has been driven about 100 miles in that condition.
Thanks.
How about disconnecting one of the cooler lines?