92 Mucury sable wagon

Of late my sable blew a head gasket i know it is caus there is white smoke comin out the tail pipe
1. how do i do it. i know i have to strip it down to the block and such but
what is the acutal sequence of doing stuff
2 what if any specail tools will i need and give me a price in $cad. Please
You really need to visit www.tauruscarclub.com There's a wealth of information there, and folks who've done 3.8 headgaskets before.
CJB

but
Please
opined in

And after you go to Tauruscarclub... you MIGHT want to buy a book.
Tell you what... if I lived next door to you, I'd help with advice... but I doubt any of us are gonna write a book for you.

smoke
but
Please
Much less come up with a list of needed tools and their prices. Bob
I went through this a couple of years ago with my dad's 92 sable wagon 3.8. Off the top of my head (no pun intended) the most specialized tool that comes to mind is the power steering pump pulley puller-installer. Other than that, its fairly straight forward albeit agonizing. Expect to break some intake manifold bolts, and be absolutely sure to have the heads checked by a competent machinist familiar with the 3.8's problem areas (I had both heads planed). The fun part is the bolts on the firewall side head, be very careful not to cock the socket on the head bolt like I did and round it off slightly, no room for a drill. Luckily I tried those (what originally laughed at as goofy) metrinch sockets which did the trick. Other than that, you must have a shop manual, I suspect you already knew this and just wanted the surprises or noteworthy aspects of doing the job. One more thing, if I recall correctly, my machinist said to get the hi-temp head gaskets as they were more durable, can't remember what brand.....
Good luck, and if you have any questions as you get into this, feel free to post and if I see them I will try to help as best as I can.

but
Please
Thanks you guys for all your help and ill be back with updates as to how far i am