92 Sable battery dead after removing and reinstalling transmission

I had the gaskets on my transmission replaced by this idiot mechanic who did it at a discount price. Well, the transmission is still leaking, but the real problem now is that the battery is dead. I dont know if this caused it
or me jiggling one of the spark plug wires around did it (because the engine started running rough as hell on the trip back from the mechanic). So any ideas on why the battery would die now? I went to start the car and the electricity fired for about a second them died. The RPM needle stayed up though and pressing the brakes it went back down, then i took the keys out and then tried again, and nothing happens.

Batteries die for a lot of reasons. Measure the voltage at the battery terminals. 0 volts mean the battery has a open cell and is junk. 10.55 means one cell is shorted, again junk. Both conditions happen with out warning and are common. What are the condition of the battery cables? Being a 92, they are suspect. Was it caused by you jiggling the plug wires? No.

did
it
engine
any
out
means one

are
I just measured it, its 12.55 volts across the terminals, but the car doesnt seem to be getting any power. One ceiling light turns on (barely) when i open the door, but nothing else works. No starter, no power locks, nothing. Also the Brake pedal isnt releasing itself. What gives?

who
the
caused
the
up
are
doesnt
nothing.
You've got poor battery connections, and maybe a marginal battery. Did the mechanic swap your good battery?
Bill
I FIXED IT!
There was all kinda of buildup crap in the terminals. I sanded them down and wiped off the crap and reattached and whammo it works. Thanks for the tips.
YEEEHAAA!!!

and
tips.

who